The Lymphoedema Support Group of NSW is pleased to be joining the Lymphoedema Association Australia. Read below to find out more about what the Lymphoedema Association Australia is about. Find out how to become a member. We will endeavour to keep you up to date over the next few months as we transition across in these exciting times!
Lymphoedema Association Australia
We are excited to announce the launch of the Lymphoedema Association Australia.
28th May 2022 is the launch date of their website. Take a sneak peak! www.lymphaustralia.org.au
The Lymphoedema Association Australia is made of people with lived experience of lymphoedema. It is the combined efforts of various working parties and support groups around Australia, as well as associations such as LSGNSW, LAQ (Lymphoedema Association of Queensland) and LAV (Lymphoedema Association of Victoria).
A world in which people who live with lymphoedema are always met with understanding and support by their community and health system.
To ensure people living with lymphoedema get the information, treatment and support they need to live well, regardless of where they live.
- By ‘ensure’ we mean we are passionate about advocating and fighting for what people living with lymphoedema need
- By ‘people living with lymphoedema’ we mean, people living with all forms of the condition and their loved ones
- By ‘information’ we mean being a source of information and education for the condition, research and developments
- By ‘treatment’ we mean facilitating the links with medical staff, and advocating for the health system to provide evidence-based treatments to all
- By ‘support’ we mean linking people to each other, support groups, and building a community
- By ‘to live well’ we mean helping people live the life they want uninhibited by their condition
- By ‘regardless of where they live’ we mean, working to ensure access for regional and remote areas as well as urban centres